Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
aeccles
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Feature Request: Weekly "How To" Webinars / Conference calls

Post by aeccles »

Another product (not backup related) I use has been holding weekly "how to" webinars/ conference calls for a while now and I cannot explain how helpful it has been to our entire organization.

An engineer leads the call and essentially his job is to field "how do I do this..." questions from partners. They don't take typical support questions related to bugs or errors, but rather explain the best approaches to solving particular design challenges or helping to make sure certain features (through shared screen) are setup the correct way. Most of the time I dial in, I don't even have a question - I'm just there to hear what others are doing and learn about their unique approaches or challenges. It's the most valuable hour of my week- followed closely by "The word from Gostev's." Just thought I would pass this along as a suggestion for Veeam as I personally would gain a lot from it and think others would as well.
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Re: Feature Request: Weekly "How To" Webinars / Conference c

Post by nefes »

Have you had a chance to look at our webinars?
Seems that it is the thing you are looking for.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether you're aware of it, but we have a corresponding section on our site devoted to webinars. There are both: webinars that are coming and ones that have been conducted already. The listed webinars vary from general to the very specific ones ("best practice", "how-to", etc.); might be worth reviewing. Thanks.
aeccles
Enthusiast

Post by aeccles »

nefes wrote:Have you had a chance to look at our webinars?
Seems that it is the thing you are looking for.
Hi Nefes,

Yep - I have seen and used them and find them valuable. I also talk to support a bit with cases, etc. and I read the forums. What I am talking about is an open call for questions about anything... the live discussion and participation from everyone is the key. It tends to get very specific, and because of that everyone learns a lot. It takes a lot of time to attend an hour long webinar - and sometimes there's not enough time for questions and you end up committing an hour and that one thing you wanted to learn wasn't covered. And yes, I can open a support case (and support is great) but that cuts me off from knowing about other partner issues/challenges. And yes, there are the forums where I can get that, but the forums are limited because of the time it takes to explain an environment and the issue as well as read about those things. The product I'm referring to has great support in these area as well, but I can assure you that the weekly call is very highly regarded. Maybe give it a try for a month :D and let the feedback make the case. Maybe it's not something that would be valuable for most users of Veeam, but I think it would be for partners who routinely see new and unique environments.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

aeccles wrote:What I am talking about is an open call for questions about anything.
As far as I remember we have a similar format in our Whiteboard Friday shows, please check them out!
aeccles
Enthusiast

Post by aeccles »

Nice - I'll check this out. THanks!