Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Rinto
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ruff Into

Feature Request? Failover Procedure with Continuous Repl.

Post by Rinto »

I just found out from Support that to perform failover on a vm running continuous replication that the current replication process needs to be manually stopped first. I think it would be a nice feature to be able to be able to still failover while stopping the current replication process at the same time. It just seems like the current process appears a bit fragmented. just my 2¢.

Cheers.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature Request? Failover Procedure with Continuous Repl

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ruff,

Sounds like a reasonable feature request, but my assumption is that when you perform failover source VM is not available, thus replication job should not be running. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Rinto
Novice

Post by Rinto »

Ahh yes you are correct, in most failover scenarios the source vm is usually down due to an outage of some sort. In our case we wanted to use the failover to switch to the other site while work was being done on the infrastructure network. Not sure if that is a designed use for the failover feature, but it seemed like a good solution for us.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Sound like the upcoming Veeam Availability Suite v8 with planned failover functionality is exactly what you're looking for. Thanks.
Rinto
Novice

Post by Rinto » 1 person likes this post

Yup.The new replication features on v8 looks like exactly what i was looking for. Fastest feature request implementation ever! :)
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

We would have implemented it even faster, if you had posted your feature request later on, closer to release date. :)