Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
alejandro.sg
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alejandro

Failed Replication Job (support case ID:00591399)

Post by alejandro.sg »

Hi (my support case ID is 00591399),
I have an offsite replication job with my veeam backup 7 that fails with this error:
Processing configuration Error: A specified parameter was not correct. pool
Error: A specified parameter was not correct. pool

I've checked the logs of the remote virtual center and I found this error:

[Log snippets removed by moderator]

I've checked all the config parameters, source and target proxies, destination parameters, etc. and they're all correct...in fact I made a replication job backwards and it worked fine. I really need some help with this issue. Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Failed Replication Job (support case ID:00591399)

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Alejandro,

I cannot find any similar cases with failed replication jobs reported on these forums, so please continue working with our technical support team. BTW, is this the only VM you have the issue with? Looks like there could be some misconfiguration with source VM added to the job.

Thanks!
alejandro.sg
Novice

Post by alejandro.sg »

Thanks for your answer Vitaly, I'm still working with your technical support team but still nothing. I've configured other replication jobs with other VMs but they have failed with the same error. In the logs I found this.

This tells me nothing.
Thanks again
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Alejandro, please avoid posting log snippets as it is advised by our forum rules, as people involved in these community forums cannot read debug logs either. Let's see what our engineer can find out after reviewing your debug logs.
alejandro.sg
Novice

Post by alejandro.sg »

Ok, I'll keep it in mind next time. I'll wait for your engineer then. Thanks again.
Regards
Deon
Veeam Software
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Denis Churaev

Post by Deon » 1 person likes this post

Hello, the error is the VMWare error message which Veeam probably receives when it tries to perform an operation. And it gives an error about pool.

You could try the following: unregister the replica VM and register it again, after that go to the replication job and re-map the job to the newly registered replica (you can find the seeding/mapping steps here http://www.veeam.com/kb1760).
The error of this kind usually relates to some VMWare infrastructure issue with configuration of a VM and often it's possible to fix it by re-registering the virtual machine.

P.S. Also just an idea, but does the target datastore have enough space for the replication?
alejandro.sg
Novice

Post by alejandro.sg »

Thanks a lot!!! I unregistered the VM from my source Virtual Center, I registered the VM again and problem solved!!...I'm still trying to find why I received that error and what it was. Thank you very much.