Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
AdrianHinton
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Adrian Hinton

Understanding the copy interval

Post by AdrianHinton »

Hi,

I have a job that is set to copy every 4 days at 8pm. I manually kicked it off after re-mapping the job to the offsite repo at 28/06/2014 12:32PM and it failed at 01/07/2014 8:00PM with the error;

"1/07/2014 8:00:09 PM Incremental copy was not processed during the copy interval"

That is 3 days, 7 hours and 28 minutes after the sync started.

Can you please help me understand why this happened?
AdrianHinton
Enthusiast

Re: Understanding the copy interval

Post by AdrianHinton »

I posted this yesterday morning. Please don't delete it again!! I can't see how it breaches the rules of posting.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

I suspect it might violate because it might appear to be a support question but there is no support case ID posted with it.

I'd guess that the reason for the behavior is pretty simple. You have the maximum interval set for 4 days starting at 8PM, but then you manually started the job at 12:32PM. This means that the software has to choose some date to consider as the "start" of the manual interval, but it can't be exactly 12:32PM because you've specifically told it the intervals should start at 8PM, so even though you started the job at 12:32PM, the interval calculation using 8PM from the previous day as the start of this interval, which is 16 hours, and 32 minutes earlier, and thus leaves only 3 days, 7 hours, and 28 minutes in the current interval. The fact that you manually started the job doesn't really change the rule.

The only other option is for the software to have run for 4 days, 7 hours and 28 minutes, but that would exceed the 4 day SLA selected in the interval setting. I believe that the current behavior is as designed and is completely expected.
AdrianHinton
Enthusiast

Post by AdrianHinton »

Thank you for the explanation. Seems legit.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

AdrianHinton wrote:I posted this yesterday morning. Please don't delete it again!! I can't see how it breaches the rules of posting.
Your post has not been deleted, but rather merged into the existing discussion about similar problem. Kindly please use search before creating new topics, as most possible questions have been already asked and answered before.

But please do keep in mind that you must include support ticket numbers when posting about any errors or technical issues, this is explained in red font when you click New Topic.

Thank you for your understanding.