Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mazur1000
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: alex mazur

transformation only

Post by mazur1000 »

is it possible to run only Transforming Incremental Backup Chains into Reversed Incremental Backup Chains themselves without creating proper backups. Reason, such as an urgent interrupt conversion to restore the file. Retry is not shown because Job was stopped as the process windows Veeamagent.exe
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: transformation only

Post by veremin »

You mean you want to run synthetic full backup with rollback option enabled and don't perform active full backups at all? Thanks.
b.lagace
Enthusiast
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Bjorn Lagace

Post by b.lagace »

Mazur1000, I've just registered a feature request with support for this option.
I've requested to have a button called "Transform now".

Reasons are like yours or a failed backup on the day of your programmed transform.
Due to failure, disk starts to fill up with non required versions and if you don't have the option to expand diskspace or move out other files, you end up deleting your backup chain and creating a new full one.
Therefor a 'Tranform now' button sounds pretty interesting for multiple people and situations.

I'll see if I can create a new seperate post, I invite you and other to go and "like" and "approve" the idea to get the developpers attention.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Hi, Bjorn, one of your posts has been merged into the existing discussion regarding similar matter. If you want to run synthetic backup on demand, then, this script might be helpful for you. It still requires incremental run, though. Thanks.
mazur1000
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: alex mazur

Post by mazur1000 »

your scripts Runs transformation at convenient to schedule, but still there is a new incremental backup of virtual machines. I also needed to was only a transformation.
So that scripts are not suitable.
What is required to implement the necessary functions to me?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

As mentioned in the referenced thread, it's not possible to create synthetic full on demand without incremental run. Thanks.