PowerShell script exchange
Matthew.Smith
Lurker
Liked: never

Add-VBRBackupJob : Host not exists

Post by Matthew.Smith »

Good afternoon all -

I've been using Veeam with quite a few of my customers and have had good success with it so far, both on back-up and restore. To-date, I've not had a lot of reason to try out the powershell integration features, but a new requirement to create and invoke backup jobs from the command line has brought me to this point. I'm no powershell novice, but this one really has me scratching my head.

Add-VBRBackupJob TESTJOB1 "NET" "10.0.0.7" "/mnt/USB_Backup/" "JOB2" -Objects SOME.SERVER.LOCAL

cmdlet Add-VBRBackupJob at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
FileName: TESTJOB.VBK

Add-VBRBackupJob : Host not exists
At line:1 char:17
+ Add-VBRBackupJob <<<< TESTJOB1 "NET" "10.0.0.7" "/mnt/USB_Backup/" "JOB2" -Objects SOME.SERVER.LOCAL

This is strange behaviour. The host certainly exists, and this same job runs beautifully from within the GUI client.

Is there some step I'm missing here? I've tried this many different ways, but the error is always the same: Host not exists.

Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Add-VBRBackupJob : Host not exists

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Matthew,

Actually, Add-VBRBackupJob function just adds the job, but doesn't start it. As for the error you see, it looks like 10.0.0.7 host is not added or added but with the different name (probably FQDN?), could you please re-check that and send all the logs to our technical support team so we could assist you with resolving this issue.

Thank you!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Re: Add-VBRBackupJob : Host not exists

Post by Gostev »

By the way, you can add hosts to Veeam Backup automatically as well, via PowerShell cmdlets Add-VBRESX and Add-VBRESXi.