Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
aperson
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: A Patel

nworks 5.7.0.1054 / ESXi 5.0U3

Post by aperson »

I added two hosts to the same vCenter as other U2 hosts. All hosts under this vCenter when selected get monitored except the new U3 hosts.

Nothing is appearing in SCOM for our new U3 hosts. Any other tips? I have not yet reset services.
vrm
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Vincent

Re: nworks 5.7.0.1054 / ESXi 5.0U3

Post by vrm »

Do you have sufficient licenses?
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hello aperson,

Could you check in Web UI that these new hosts are being monitored on the same collector as U2 hosts? If not, is it possible that this another collector doesn't have SCOM agent installed or have any other issues with agent to SCOM communications?

Also check that name of the host in the web UI is relevant and can be contacted over network and that this name is the same as the server name on esx host?

If everything is OK, but you still doesn't see these U3 hosts in the topology, I would recommend you to open a ticket with our tech support team http://cp.veeam.com , they'll need collector and management service logs from your environment and I'm sure they can promptly resolve any issues you may have.

Thanks.
aperson
Influencer

Post by aperson »

vrm wrote:Do you have sufficient licenses?
Oh yes. Thanks though
aperson
Influencer

Post by aperson »

sergey.g wrote:Hello aperson,

Could you check in Web UI that these new hosts are being monitored on the same collector as U2 hosts? If not, is it possible that this another collector doesn't have SCOM agent installed or have any other issues with agent to SCOM communications?

Also check that name of the host in the web UI is relevant and can be contacted over network and that this name is the same as the server name on esx host?

If everything is OK, but you still doesn't see these U3 hosts in the topology, I would recommend you to open a ticket with our tech support team http://cp.veeam.com , they'll need collector and management service logs from your environment and I'm sure they can promptly resolve any issues you may have.

Thanks.
Yes. The cluster | hosts are monitored under the same as other working / monitored hosts are. name is same as server name on host. I am on the line awaiting support pickup. 8AM CST I suppose they are still brewing the coffee. :)

Thank you though.