Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
joespenceley
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Joseph Spenceley

Backup Failed

Post by joespenceley »

Hi,

We are trialling Veeam but we receive the following error when running a backup job of any of our VMS.

The setup is fairly standard. vSphere 4 HAC, 2xhosts running ESXi4 and an HP iSCSI SAN

=================================
Retrieving VM files information
Failed to retrieve "SCSI (62:0) Hard disk 1" disk information. Check VM virtual hardware configuration.
GetLocalText failed
Client error: NFC storage connection is unavailable. Storage: [stg:datastore-45,nfchost:host-42,conn:10.8.10.7]. Storage display name: [datastore1].
Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:10.8.10.7,nfchost:host-42,stg:datastore-45@trackit2.ads.local/trackit2.ads.local.vmdk].
=================================

We are able to browse the datastore through the Veeam console and drill right down to list all the VM so I'm quite surprised to be getting this error.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup Failed

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Joe,

That's weird that you see the same issue for all VMs, could it be any permission issue? Also could you tell me whether you're able to download/upload any file from that iSCSI storage? We will probably need to see full logs to be able to assist you, so please send them to our technical support team for investigation.

Thank you!
joespenceley
Novice

Post by joespenceley »

Hi Vitaliy,

Can you guide me to where I locate the log files support require? Also, how would I go about uploading/downloading a file from iSCSI?

Thanks,
Joe
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Joe, logs are located in Help | Support information. To try file download, you can use VMware Infrastructure Client's Datastore Browser with the same account you used to add vCenter to Veeam Backup.
joespenceley
Novice

Post by joespenceley »

Hi Vitaliy,

I now have a backup working fine if I select the VM through the ESXi host rather than through the vCenter server. Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks,
Joe
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

It was not Vitaly ( :) ) but no, this is not expected behavior. However, this confirms that the issue is due to account you have used to add vCenter to Veeam Backup.
joespenceley
Novice

Post by joespenceley »

Hi Gostev,

I've added the vCenter back into Veeam but still get a backup failure when the VM is selected from vCenter and not the host. For the time being I'm happy using the host.

I do however have another question. I'm trying to backup to a target over the network but it fails with . The share is on another subnet but I am able to modify and create files in the share. Can you help?

Thanks,
Joe
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Joseph,

Glad that you could make it with the Host, but if you need any assistance in resolving vCenter connection issue don't hesitate to contact our support team.

As for the network share failure, can you check that the account stated in the Logon info of Veeam Backup and FastSCP Service has been granted the correct permissions to your target share.

Thank you!