Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
bartuus
Novice
Liked: never

Logins to account not used anymore from Veeam One Monitor

Post by bartuus »

We have Veeam One 7 deployed.
After installation and deployment we changed password for account we used as service account and SQL connectivity.
And since then on AD we see login attempts which are rejected. We imagine that the old password is still remembered somewhere.

Whats more - we created new account - and used it for as "Log On account" for Veeam services and configured in Database (as we use Windows Athentication) and Web Identity tabs.
But still see AD logs attempts from the old account - each 10 seconds.

We spotted that Veeam One Monitor service is the evil one, since when it is down, log attempts do not occur.

Are there any other places where acoounts are configured?
Where else these old settings can be remembered?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Logins to account not used anymore from Veeam One Monito

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you please tell me how did you change the service account? Were you using our support tool for that? See the location of this utility:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE Settings\VeeamOneSettings.exe
bartuus
Novice

Post by bartuus »

Yes, I used this tool.
But as it goes for "Veeam One Monitor", I'd expect it would use credentials set in windows service "Log on as" since "Windows authentocation" is choosen on Database tab.
"Test Connection" ends with success, at least.
Vitaliy S. wrote:Can you please tell me how did you change the service account? Were you using our support tool for that? See the location of this utility:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE Settings\VeeamOneSettings.exe
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, you're correct, but the proper way to change service account is to use this tool for Veeam ONE monitor service and Web Identity. What about Veeam ONE machine itself? Do you see any bad logon attempts in the Windows Event Log -> Security tab?
bartuus
Novice

Post by bartuus »

No, nothing suspicious on Veeam One machine logs itself.
As for the Veeam One Settings console - when I select "Windows Authentication" at Database tab, User Name and Password fields are greyed out.
So the only way credentials can be set there is to select "SQL Server Authentication", fill the credentials fields and then select "Windows Authentication".
Is it proper way?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you go to Services snap-in and check what account is currently used for Veeam Monitor Service? Can you retype your new account there?
bartuus wrote:As for the Veeam One Settings console - when I select "Windows Authentication" at Database tab, User Name and Password fields are greyed out.
So the only way credentials can be set there is to select "SQL Server Authentication", fill the credentials fields and then select "Windows Authentication".
Not exactly, windows authentication is performed under the account you start this utility.
bartuus
Novice

Post by bartuus »

This is the mistery - for both services (Monitor and Reporter) - there is new account is configured as "Log on as" (services restarted and so on). And they are running with this account.
Still - seems like Veeam One Monitor still remembers old account and tries to authenticate with Domain Controler with this old account.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, in this case if service restart does not help either, please contact our technical team, so they could take a look a this behavior on the remote WebEx session.
bartuus
Novice

Post by bartuus »

I've case opened with this problem.