Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
marky
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mark Coleman

Unable to restore items for Exchange 2010

Post by marky »

Since my previous thread seems to have been deleted, I've now logged this with support, case number is 00610066

Using a Veeam AD account that is a member of Domain Admin and Administrators and also full access to said mailbox, restore of single item fails.

If I use the mailbox credentials, restore works

I've added the command, which made no difference

New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Name:impersonationAssignmentName –Role:ApplicationImpersonation –User:veeam

I suspect this is permissions but it used to work fine
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Unable to restore items for Exchange 2010

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Have you made a new backup after applying new permissions to the mailbox on the production Exchange server? Also keep working with our technical team, as debug logs review can shed some light on this permissions issue.
marky
Enthusiast

Post by marky »

No, the backup has been disabled for about 2 weeks because we're not in a position to re-enable it at the moment.
marky
Enthusiast

Post by marky »

Ok, I've sorted this.

I know this worked in version 7.0.0.833 because I demonstrated it to others in our ICT Team

We're now running 7.0.0.871 (as of early may 2014), I know the exchange and Veeam server have been rebooted since then

Having added a mailbox for the AD account that we'd previously been using to restore, I can only surmise that something has changed in this latest release unless someone could enlighten me otherwise.