Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
S.Net
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: S.Net

MP 7 without details on many views

Post by S.Net »

Team,

I installed the new MP v7 but many views are empty (Hyper-V and VMware) and for others I see the message "The Veeam MP requires Enterprise Plus license"...the problem is that I've EP for Hyper-V and VMware.

There's a way to do some tests and resolve the issues?

thanks
S
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: MP 7 without details on many views

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

How long did you wait till checking these views and dashboards? Are you referring to "Traffic lights and Top N dashboard widgets" by any chance? If yes, then can you please give it a bit more time to aggregate VM data?
Release Notes wrote:After installation or upgrade, Traffic Light and Top N dashboard widgets will show no data until performance statistics are aggregated in the Ops Mgr data warehouse. In general, the initial aggregation takes about 4 hours. This behavior is by design.
As to the license key issue, then can you please confirm that the key you've imported does state Enterprise Plus (can do that by opening your key in a notepad)? If everything looks good, then I would recommend contacting our technical team for further investigation.

Thank you!
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Also wanted to add that you can check if your license correctly discovered under "Veeam for VMware > Veeam MP Licensing" view. If you see Virtualization Extensions Service with a valid license type ("License Edition" property) in this view, then everything should be discovered in the sate views, check All hosts and All VMs views, some dashboards may be empty because of aggregation delays as Vitaliy already mentioned.

If you can see objects for VMware, but Hyper-V views are empty, check that Hyper-V server are enabled for monitoring in the Virtualization Extensions UI, you may need to do an "Update monitored hosts" action if your Hyper-V servers are not visible in UI.

For VMware, also check that collectors are deployed (especially if you are using automatic deployment - this feature requires correct Run As Profile configuration) and connected to the Extensions Service. You can do this in Virtualization Extensions UI too.

Also check Alert views - our components are designed to assist you with the deployment by alerting about unconfigured or incorrectly configured settings.

Let us know if you have any other issues.
Thanks.
S.Net
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: S.Net

Post by S.Net »

sorry for the delay! I can see the Enterprise Plus license on SCOM.

About view, I wait many many hours without results. I can see the State View but not all the dashboards (Hyper-V or VMware), so the objects are discovered.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

In this case, can you please contact our technical team directly and provide debug logs for review. Also I would appreciate if you could post your case ID here, so either I or Sergey could discuss this issue with the devs directly. Thanks!
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

S.Net wrote:sorry for the delay! I can see the Enterprise Plus license on SCOM.

About view, I wait many many hours without results. I can see the State View but not all the dashboards (Hyper-V or VMware), so the objects are discovered.
Hi, could you also open performance view for one of the discovered host or a VM and check that performance is being collected?

Also we would appreciate more details about dashboards - do you see in dashboard widgets that they are retrieving the information (blue progress bar on the top of the widget) and then display nothing, or widgets are just empty completely? What would happen if you open personalization menu for an empty widget? Does it work?

SCOM Console is known to have some dashboard related issues, especially RTM versions. So, please make sure that you have the latest update for your Operations Manager and that you restarted the console after importing our Management Packs.

If performance is being collected, dashboards are trying to retrieve the data, personalization works and latest updates are installed - this could be something with your particular Data Warehouse aggregation settings. I this case I would echoed what Vitaliy said - contact our support team, they'll help you collect diagnostic information and we can proceed with issues investigation further.

Thanks.