Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
mchupin
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Maxim

Veeam One same host names

Post by mchupin »

Hello!

I have several Hyper-V hosts in different domains that have same name. When I try to add hosts from domains different Veeam One host domain, I get error:
"Veeam ONE Monitor could not connect to "hyperv1.example.com". A security package specific error occured (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070721)"

Windows Event Log shows Security-Kerberos error:
(The Kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server hyperv1$. The target name used was host/hyperv1.example.com. This indicates that the target server failed to decrypt the ticket provided by the client. This can occur when the target server principal name (SPN) is registered on an account other than the account the target service is using. Ensure that the target SPN is only registered on the account used by the server. This error can also happen if the target service account password is different than what is configured on the Kerberos Key Distribution Center for that target service. Ensure that the service on the server and the KDC are both configured to use the same password. If the server name is not fully qualified, and the target domain (CONTOSO.COM) is different from the client domain (EXAMPLE.COM), check if there are identically named server accounts in these two domains, or use the fully-qualified name to identify the server.)

If Hyper-V host have name that doesn't exist in Veeam ONE machine domain - host adds without any problem.
If I input IP instead DNS name I can add any host from any domain.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam One same host names

Post by Shestakov »

Hello, Maxim.

Did you specify FQDN or used hostnames for the hosts you were trying to add? I`ll ask our QA to reproduce the scenario.

Thank you!
mchupin
Influencer

Post by mchupin »

I use FQDN when trying to add new hosts.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, just out of curiosity - does Hyper-V manager work properly if you try to add these hosts to the Hyper-V MMC snap-in?
mchupin
Influencer

Post by mchupin »

Hyper-V manager works normally on PC with RSAT when I add hosts from same domain.

The most interesting thing is that Veeam One works when I put IP instead FQDN.
mchupin
Influencer

Post by mchupin »

Do you have any suggestion?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Our QC team is working on this and I will update this topic once I have more details. While we are waiting can you please check the perform as well? Also I would appreciate if you could open a support case with us, so that I could discuss your case with our dev team directly.
mchupin
Influencer

Post by mchupin »

I opened a support case yet (#00614290).
Excuse me, what should I check?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

mchupin wrote:Excuse me, what should I check?
Can you please launch performance monitor on Veeam ONE server and then try to connect to both hosts from this server?
mchupin
Influencer

Post by mchupin »

I can't run perfmon from Veeam ONE Monitor server for hosts, because hosts are in another domain.

Support technician supposes that no trust relationship between domains cause issue. After WebEx ticket for developers was opened.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

mchupin wrote:I can't run perfmon from Veeam ONE Monitor server for hosts, because hosts are in another domain.
Perfmon should be able to connect to the servers you monitor, even from the different domain. You should have trust relationship configured to run this. Keep us updated on your technical engineer findings after WebEx session.
mchupin
Influencer

Post by mchupin »

Technical engineer said that there are no any requirement for trust relationship between domains in technical documentation.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I was referring to perfmon ;)