Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
Bruno Varini
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Bruno Varini

Failed Accessing Windows Event Log

Post by Bruno Varini »

hi,
our SCOM 2007 R2 is installed on a cluster Windows 2008 R2 with two nodes.
SCOM reports a Healthy Warning: "Failed Accessing Windows Event Log...". and in the State Change Events description I find:
"The Windows Event Log Provider was unable to open the nworksEventLog event log on computer 'node1' for reading. The provider will retry opening the log every 30 seconds. Most recent error details: The specified channel could not be found. Check channel configuration. One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name: many Instance name: many Instance ID: many Management group: ClusterName "

The VIC isn't installed on the Cluster. How can I resolve this incorrect warning?

best regards
Bruno
arseny
Influencer
Full Name: Arseny Chernov

Re: Failed Accessing Windows Event Log

Post by arseny »

Hi Bruno,

Have you got our MP tested/implemented beforehand? I presume what happens is that node1 VM was a VIC at some point. Now, VIC and/or nworks Enterprise Manager was removed, but MP is still on node1 agent store.

Please refer to page 18 of http://www.veeam.com/nworks_mp_for_vmwa ... ide_pg.pdf document for correct removal of Management Pack from your SCOM server.

Please follow up whether it helps or not.

Cheers,
Arseny
Bruno Varini
Influencer
Full Name: Bruno Varini

Post by Bruno Varini »

Hi Arseny,
thanks for yours indications. The SCOM server is a new one and we haven't tested your MP before.
I've followed the instructions on the page 18 of your document, but I haven't found any overwride for a monitor rule.

cheers,
Bruno
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Bruno,

In order to resolve it quicker, please refer to our technical support team (support@veeam.com) to get assistance in resolving this nworksEventLog issue.

Thank you!