Management reporting and documentation
stingray75
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Matthew Ray

Datastore Cluster capacity planning

Post by stingray75 » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

Do you plan to add support for Datastore Clusters to Veeam reporting? I'd like the "Datastore Capacity" and "Datastore Space Usage History" reports to show Datastore Clusters rather than individual datastores. We have nearly 200 datastores, so looking at individual datastores is not much use. In vCenter we group them into datastore clusters by ESX cluster and storage tiering: eg Prod 1 Tier 1 and Prod 2 Tier 3 etc.

As we're starting to use Storage DRS to manage the placement of VMs, we're not so concerned about the disk usage of individual datastores but look at the higher datastore cluster level. If a datastore cluster is getting close to 80% we usually add another 2TB LUN.

So far I've been using vCenter graphs, by clicking on the datastore cluster, clicking Performance, View: Space and Time Range: 1 Year. The 1 Year Summary shows the usage over time. Not ideal, but I can try to guess the overall trend in usage. It would be great if Veeam could help us with this capacity planning.

Thanks

Matt
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Datastore Cluster capacity planning

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Matt,

Yes, this feature is already in our tracking system and I'm expecting it to be available in the next updates.

Thanks!
stingray75
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Matthew Ray

Re: Datastore Cluster capacity planning

Post by stingray75 »

Great news Vitaliy, thanks.