Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
withanh
Veteran
Liked: never
Full Name: Darhl

Enterprise Manager bug?

Post by withanh »

I finally got around to installing Enterprise Manager and I think I found a little bug in one of the views.

Go to the Jobs view, click a job name, click a result, click a machine name, click a job session, click a machine name, click a job session, click a machine name, etc. The bread crumb trail keeps building, when you click the job session the 2nd time shouldn't it go back to the first job session instead of building out the bread crumb trail further?

I found this by "accident" just from clicking around to see what things showed me and noticed this.

You can see a pic of the breadcrumb trail at http://www.flickr.com/photos/45779723@N ... 9/sizes/o/. Machine name blacked out to protect the innocent.
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Enterprise Manager bug?

Post by Gostev »

Darhl, this is currently by design - consider that to be history about your drill-down steps, so that you can go back to some previous step easily. So, this is like Explorer history. We actually had big argument about this internally before v4 was released, but decided to leave it this way. There are benefits for both approaches, so we decided to leave whichever was implemented at the time, and wait for feedback. And surprisingly, this is the very first feedback ;)
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Wow, that is surprising. I noticed it within 5 minutes of installing Enterprise Manager.

I agree with the bread-crumb trail idea, but it just seems odd that it keeps looping like that. But since you know about it and no one else is complaining, and it really doesn't affect how the product works, then I can get over the looping.

Happy Friday!

h
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Found another bug, the sort function does not work for the Jobs tab Next Run column. The arrow switches between up and down, but doesn't change the view.

h
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Thank you, I will forward this to the right people.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Darhl, just FYI the fix for sorting bug you have found should be a part of 4.1.1 update. Thanks again.
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Thanks Anton!