RESTful knowledge exchange
Mardock
Influencer
Liked: never

Veeam api service freezes?

Post by Mardock »

Hi,
The veeam API service occasionally generates an error: "Failed to send keep alive to FileRestoreService".

For example if I try to clone a job, the veeam API return a task in "running" state.
The task remains in the running state forever, but the job is not cloned...

If I reboot the veeam API service and I retry to clone a job then everything works fine.

Do you have ideas?

Thank you,
Mardock.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam api service freezes?

Post by veremin »

I've just issued corresponding POST request to a job entity and it has been cloned successfully (with the tasks being indicated as "finished"). So, are saying that each time you try to clone a job you get "Failed to send keep alive to FileRestoreService" error, in the meantime, if you try to reboot the server and send the very same command, it proceeds as expected? Thanks.
Mardock
Influencer

Post by Mardock »

Hi,
Often if I try to clone a job then the job has been cloned successfully (with the tasks being indicated as "finished").

Occasionally (i.e. once a month) if I try to clone a job, the veeam API return a task in "running" state.
The task remains in the running state forever and the job is not cloned...

I must restart the veeam API service and send again the very same command then it proceeds as expected.

If I look the log file of veeam api service there is this error message: "Failed to send keep alive to FileRestoreService".

Do you know the meaning of this error message?

Thanks,
Mardock.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Mardock wrote:Do you know the meaning of this error message?
It's hard to tell what might be the reason of the problem without seeing actual logs. Can you open a ticket with our support team, provide them with both Svc.VeeamRestAPI и Svc.VeeamBackup logs, and post your ticket number here, so that, we can follow your case? Thanks.
Mardock
Influencer

Post by Mardock »

Hi,
this is the log in Svc.VeeamRestAPI. The file Svc.VeeamBackup doesn't contain log in the same time interval.

This are the calls list:
1) login
2) I make a POST (/api/jobs/57636bb6-6078-466d-aec7-e79e0b9ea109?action=clone) to clone a job.
3) I make every 2 second a GET (/api/tasks/task-106) to check if the returned task is RUNNING or FINISHED. After 90 times (3 minutes) the task is RUNNING yet then I stop the GET calls
4) Log out

I hope it will be useful.

Thank you very much,
Mardock.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Please do not post log snippets on forum, as this is against forum rules. Kindly, open a ticket with our support team and provide mentioned logs there. Once it's opened, post your ticket number here and we will follow the case. Thank you for your understanding.