PowerShell script exchange
stsc_srzc
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Install Powershell - Modify Setup Option Missing

Post by stsc_srzc »

Hi everyone!

I'am trying to install the Veeam PowerShell addin on an existing Veeam server (7 patch 3). When I start the Veeam installation file the only options I have are "Repair" and "Remove". In 6.5 there was a "Modify"-Option that allowed to add the PowerShell plugin later. Maybe it is just to early in the morning and I miss something obvious but it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Best wishes
Stefan
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Install Powershell - Modify Setup Option Missing

Post by veremin »

Hi Stefan, have you tried to install PS snap-in without general wizard by executing the script that is located on "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Install-VeeamToolkit.ps1"? Thanks.
stsc_srzc
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by stsc_srzc »

Hi Vladimir,

thank you for your quick reply. Running the snap-in installation with "Install-VeeamToolkit.ps1" worked. I did not know this way of installing the snap-in before - so thank you for pointing me to this. Just for your information: The "PowerShell" menu entry in the B&R GUI is still missing but this is not important to me.

Thanks again
Stefan
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Glad to hear that my input was helpful. As to PowerShell console, I would indeed recommend using ISE, instead of commandline version, since the former provides extensive capabilities helping you to make your experience with PS easier. Thanks.