Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
mrprod
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Marc

Copy specific Backup to Tape

Post by mrprod »

Hi guys,

I'm running an environment with VEEAM Backup & replication 7.0 latest Patchlevel with one Backup Proxy and 2 Repositorys. Normal setup is that backups will be done every day and each week and each month the backup will also be copied to Tape.

Right now I've got a special case. I've made a full backup of a virtual machine. This backup is now located in the backup repository. The Server is now deleted and I just want to move this single backup to a dedicated Tape. How can I achieve this setup? :) Normally I'd assign a secondary location for the job and tell the system to take the "Monthly"-Pool, but how to force the job to run right now and just to take this single backup? Or should I create a new Media Pool for this device and play around with this in order to not affect the working environment?

Thanks for a replay
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Copy specific Backup to Tape

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

You can create a file to tape job and select required backup as a source for it. Then, you can specify either existing or newly created media poll as a target for it. Thanks.
mrprod
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Marc

Post by mrprod »

Worked perfect. Didn't know this function exists. Thanks a lot.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

In addition, you will be able to see the exact media the given backup resides on by going to "Files" node and drilling down to the corresponding file. Thanks.