Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MarcBesken
Novice
Liked: never

Veeam B&R v7 and HP MSA2040 ...

Post by MarcBesken »

Hello,

maybe some can answer me the following question? We intend to use an HP MSA2040 as a storage device attached via iSCSI to our VMware ESX Cluster. As far as I know, to use Storage snapshots or to be able to create storage snapshots via Veeam Backup & Replication, we Need the Enterprise Plus Edition of Veeam B&R.

Here are the 3 questions I have regarding the use of storage snapshots on HP MSA2040 through Veeam B&R ...

1) Is Veeam Backup & Replication v7 Enterprise Plus Edition the only Software I need to license for my ESX Server from Veeam?
2) Can I use or create snapshots on an HP MSA2040 with Veeam B&R Enterprise Edition?
3) Is additional Software necessary on an HP MSA2040 to create snapshots?

Regards,
Marc
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Re: Veeam B&R v7 and HP MSA2040 ...

Post by dellock6 »

Hi Marc,
we do not support the HP MSA poduct line with Backup from Storage Snapshots. The supported models from HP are StoreVirtual (ex LeftHand) and StoreServ/3Par.

Luca.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
MarcBesken
Novice
Liked: never

Post by MarcBesken »

Thanks dellock6,

so, I suppose that Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Edition (instead of Enterprise Plus) is sufficient in my environment?

Regards,
Marc
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Marc, there are also other features that are available in Enterprise Plus edition only, so you need to decide whether you're interested in any of them.