Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ortoscale
Service Provider
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Matjaž Antloga

delete obsolete jobs from VeeamBackup DB

Post by ortoscale »

Hi there. Veeam 7 B&R problems:

I have some obsolete vCenter records in backup infrastructure which are no longer needed. I would like to delete them but i can't. They are supposed to be used by some replication jobs - got that mesage when trying to delete - which unfortunately no longer exists - cannot be seen via Veeam console. I have no idea how that happened but would like to clean that mess. It seems it doesn't affect any functionality though. Anyway, i did some digging into SQL - did backup of VeeamBackup DB before - and stumble to something that I can't figure it out. Those jobs indeed exists in dbo.Backup.Model.Backups table but they have NULL job id. When trying to delete them got that error that reference exists in dbo.Backup.Models.Points, specifically in column backup_id. I'm not sure how to connect those two, what to delete in table ----Points that I could delete obsolete jobs in table ----Backups. Sounds complicated, i know :)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: delete obsolete jobs from VeeamBackup DB

Post by Gostev »

Hi, you should open a support case for assistance with any technical issues, and our engineers will apply the necessary database edits to fix the product configuration for you. Please, be aware that manual database edits will render your Veeam deployment unsupported, so you should always go through support when you need to do something like this. Thanks!