Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lesterclayton
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Lester Clayton

Different Notification Settings per Job?

Post by lesterclayton »

Is it possible to have different notification settings per Backup/Replication Job?

The situation that I have is that I have 7 backup jobs which run weekly that notify me on Success, Failure and Errors. I also have 1 replication job that runs every hour that notifies me in the same way - but I would prefer that this job only notifies me in the event of Failures and Errors.

I know it is possible to make each job send out notifications, and it will just use the global settings - so my current workaround is to have no notifications for the replication schedule - but this won't notify me upon failures either so it's not a solution. I also realise that I can just exclude Success notifications, but that will affect all jobs - not just the replication. I rely on receiving the success notifications of the backup jobs for historical auditing purposes, so excluding successes from all jobs is not an option.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Different Notification Settings per Job?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Lester,

We have already added granular notification settings on the job level to the next release. As a workaround for now, you may want to consider using Veeam ONE as a monitoring tool for the backup infrastructure. With our built-in notification engine you can set an alarm in the exact way you have described above.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

As an additional option you can set a simple PS script as a post job activity. Based on the job results, it will or will not send you a mail notification. Thanks.
lesterclayton
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Lester Clayton

Post by lesterclayton »

Thanks for the suggestions :)