Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
EricIsCool
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric

Veeam One database spike at 3 am

Post by EricIsCool »

I am currently using the Veeam One free edition (7.0.0.919). I have it configured to use a standalone SQL Server database rather than SQL Express.

I am running into an issue that occurs every night at 3 am on the database server. Each night at 3 am a SQL query gets executed that causes all of the CPU cores to max out at 100%. The query runs until I reboot the Veeam One application server (around 8 am).

I am not exactly sure if this is a setting that can be adjusted or if it is a nightly process that is built into the product. If it helps I can review/submit any log files or even submit the SQL query that is running at the time of the CPU spike. Any help or insight on this would be great!

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam One database spike at 3 am

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What time does your data collection job stats in Veeam ONE Reporter? Can you please check that?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Eric, I have discussed your issue with the dev team and they would like to see the debug logs on the issue. Can you open the case and let me know your ticket number?
EricIsCool
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric

Post by EricIsCool »

Thank you for the quick reply!

I just checked the Veeam ONE Reporter and saw these 2 session logs that might be of interest. Is it possible there is a resource conflict since both jobs start at 3 am? I will work on getting a ticket opened as well.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Eric,

There should be no issues with two jobs scheduled at the same time, so let's see what our support team can find out after reviewing your log files.

Thanks!