Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Suderman
Enthusiast
Liked: never

"Reversed replication" feature

Post by Suderman »

Hello,

few months ago I have asked You for funcionality which I called "Reversed replication". -> http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... rsed#p3257
In two words it's a funcionality allowing to replicate changes made to replica vm to the original vm (after event of failing over to replica) to be able to fail back to the original vm with the latest state.

You have confirmed that it is high in the list of Your priorities.

Well there is no Veeam Backup 4.0 available yet but I don't see this feature in "what's new" so I think it won't be available in the upcoming release.
Am I right ?

I'm very intrested to see this feature in the future.
Are You planning to include it ?
Is it still high on Your priorities ?

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: "Reversed replication" feature

Post by Gostev »

Hello, yes this feature is not available in 4.0, however it is still high in our priorities list for replication. Basically, this is second most important feature for replication after support for ESXi as replication target.
Timbo74
Novice
Liked: never

Post by Timbo74 »

Gostev wrote:Hello, yes this feature is not available in 4.0, however it is still high in our priorities list for replication. Basically, this is second most important feature for replication after support for ESXi as replication target.
Hi Gostev,

Just wondering how things were looking for the "reversed replication" feature. We've just had a situation this weekend where we failed over a few machines to our DR site while fixing some hardware issues in production. The end result is that we ended up deciding (grudgingly) to lose all the changes to the VM whilst in DR since the time required to get the VM's back into production were prohibitive. Without the ability to fail back the Veeam replication only provides us with half a solution. I'd much rather use continue to use Veeam than have to look elsewhere for a replication solution.

Tim Coombes
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

Tim, we are planning to release this feature later this year. But there is workaround today, you can create new replication job and replicate your replica VM back to source host, then failover to this "replica of replica". Thank you.