Management reporting and documentation
coopsam
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Sam Cooper

Reports to UNC share

Post by coopsam »

Hi,

I have many reports running and emailing out to interested parties, however recently a need arose that I produce a report and it be saved to a UNC share. I have tried many ways to get this working, I have confirmed there is no issue with the report as currently it emails itself out. The account the server runs under has access to the share and the server can see the share, I have even changed the path to one it does not have access to which reports an error and also tried a incorrect path which it also errors on. Try as I might however I can not get the report to save itself into the share or any share, am I missing something?

Anyone share any thoughts with using UNC paths for reports that might help.....

Many thanks
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Reports to UNC share

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Sam,

Reports emailing to UNC share can be used in Veeam One. Could it be some access issue? What kind of error are you having?

Thanks.
coopsam
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Sam Cooper

Post by coopsam »

Hi,

That's the strange thing. There is no error, nothing happens, nothing appears in the UNC share.

When I change the schedule to email out the report it works just fine. When I have it set to save the reports to a share on the network then it doesn't work, no error.

Is there a log I can look in to see what is happening?

Many thanks

Sam
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Sam,

You can find log path in Veeam One Reporter > "Configuration" tab > "About".
By the way, Veeam support team can help you with logs reviewing. Once you open support case, please provide support case number, so we can follow the issue.

Thank you.