Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rodgarmi
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rodrigo Garcia

Data Processed to slow

Post by rodgarmi »

Hello everyone, i have an issue with data processed on my jobs, its to slow to read, can you take me an idea if is for a Veeam configuration or performance?

attach the imnage with read at 104KB

Image[img]
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Data Processed to slow

Post by foggy »

Rodrigo, if you could describe your setup in more detail, it would allow us to make some recommendations. Also, what are the bottleneck stats for this job and what transport mode is being utilized by the source proxy?
rodgarmi
Novice

Post by rodgarmi »

foggy wrote:Rodrigo, if you could describe your setup in more detail, it would allow us to make some recommendations. Also, what are the bottleneck stats for this job and what transport mode is being utilized by the source proxy?
Hello foggy thanks for your reply, attach the setup for thesource proxy, and the configuration of the job

i dont know how can i see the bottleneck stats if you can help me im new at the veeam world

this is the configuration of the job

foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Bottleneck stats are available in the job statistics window (the one on the screenshot in your first post).

May I ask you why do you set compression to extreme? As it is stated in the settings dialog, it provides small data reduction at the cost of significant CPU load.

Also, if you could expand the Action column at the first screenshot to its full width, we could see the transport mode effectively used by the source proxy ([tag] right next to the proxy server name).
rodgarmi
Novice

Post by rodgarmi »

foggy wrote:Bottleneck stats are available in the job statistics window (the one on the screenshot in your first post).

May I ask you why do you set compression to extreme? As it is stated in the settings dialog, it provides small data reduction at the cost of significant CPU load.

Also, if you could expand the Action column at the first screenshot to its full width, we could see the transport mode effectively used by the source proxy ([tag] right next to the proxy server name).

Ok Foggy attach the image with the bootcheck, i dont set the compression extreme, this job was 1 year ago, and only copy the configuration of the old job, i have a conection to another site with only 2 mb, im think that the other people was put in extreme thinking thats a goog for the job

this is a principal reason for make slow the data processed? or you can teach me a good configuration for mak my replica more fast ?
thanks ! !

chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Post by chrisdearden » 1 person likes this post

Turn that throttling off for a start :)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Post by Gostev »

Looking at the last screenshot, your bottleneck is reported to be network traffic throttling, and the processing rate is exactly what you set it to be in those throttling rules (2 MB/s). Everything looks to be working as intended!
rodgarmi
Novice

Post by rodgarmi »

Thanks Gostev, i get out the traffic throttling disabled, i will make this test today in the night tomorrow puts the results thanks ! ! !