Management reporting and documentation
empmark
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark Graves

Tape Backup report - custom date

Post by empmark »

Is there a way to modify the Tape Backup Report to a specific date/date range? We run a full backup to disk-tape once a week, and would like to pull only the tapes that were used from the library on that specific day.
If I could modify the report to just that day, I would quickly be able to know which tapes to pull, and leave behind tapes that have been used for incrementals during the week.

Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Tape Backup report - custom date

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Mark,

For now the report shows only current state of Tape Backups. The report can show you restore points, but I`m not sure that`s what you need.

Could you explain what information you would like to have in the report?
As I understood from your post, you need to know where each backup is kept. What is your goal?

Thank you for the feedback!
empmark
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark Graves

Post by empmark »

Sorry for taking a while to reply...

My goal - we run a full backup each week and want to pull the monthly full backup tapes. (Am looking forward to GF/F/S support in the new version!)
Anyway, since I know the date of the Full Backup-restore point as a Sunday, I would like to be able to generate the report and ignore any tapes with only incrementals on it and only pull the restore point date for the report. We run a separate job for each server after much debate and reading the pluses and minuses from this forum, so having many separate jobs, it takes a bit of time to look at the full report and drill to each one and find what tape a specific restore date is found.

I hope that helps clarify some, and again we are hoping with the upcoming changes we'll have an easier time with a weekly\monthly\yearly tape job option.

Cheers.

Mark
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Mark,
We will think how to fulfill your request for the report. Thanks again for your feedback!
And yes, due to a number of great improvements in the upcoming release tape jobs will work faster, safer and more convenient.