Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
herbolero
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Herry Ramos

Agent for offsite backup reports 31000 hrs since last backup

Post by herbolero »

The local backup runs ok as scheduled. Offsite backups run real-time. For the offsite copy, agent defaults that the last backup run for these 31,000 hours ago. This prompts a failed status on the report. Is there a way to run for it to determine that the backup runs real-time? Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Agent for offsite backup reports 31000 hrs since last ba

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hello Herry, not sure I understand the issue. Are you talking about backup copy job report? A screenshot could help.
herbolero
Novice

Post by herbolero »

Hi foggy,

We use N-able and the agent via Veeam returns a failed backup report for servers running backup real time. Our client has an onsite backup (runs ok) and an offsite one which runs on real time. I guess the real issue we have is that the script used by the agent to monitor the offsite is giving back a failed status simply because it sees the backup always in an "in progress" status. Is this a case with Veeam or with how it works with N-able?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

I still don't get whether you're using Veeam B&R backup copy jobs for offsite backups. If that is the case, then probably the reason is in fact that backup copy jobs run continuously (they are always incremental) and do not have periodic full backup, as the regular backup jobs have. I am not acquainted with N-able, but probably this could affect how it reports full backup availability.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Also, it might be worth contacting N-able representatives and checking what particular Job metric they are using to report on backup availability. Chances are, the backup job metric isn't applicable for backup copy job due to continuous nature of it. Thus, the issues.

Thanks.
herbolero
Novice

Post by herbolero »

Yes foggy, both onsite and offsite uses Veeam, the problem is with the offsite which is always incremental. The N-able reports it as failed because the last known successful backup is not known (since it runs all the time). It automatically uses the default value, 31,000 hours since last backup.

Vladimir, i would also probably do that too. There may be something with the script we use to implement the reporting that fails to detect the incremental nature of the Veeam.

Thanks guys, i will update if i find something related to this inquiry.