Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
aaron.fetter
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Aaron F

Can Veeam ONE Monitor post alerts into SharePoint 2013?

Post by aaron.fetter »

Hello all!

I have a question that I feel should be possible, yet I'm having difficulty trying to think of a way to accomplish it.

We have a makeshift ticketing system built in SharePoint 2013 and we are thinking that it would be nice if we could get certain alerts turned into tickets automatically somehow? I'm sure that we could have Veeam ONE email our SharePoint site and we could have a ticket get generated using some SharePoint magic but I was wondering if anyone out there had successfully done anything like what we're trying to accomplish and if so, how was it setup? Were you able to get all the details from the alerts or just a title?

Thanks,
Aaron
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Can Veeam ONE Monitor post alerts into SharePoint 2013?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Aaron,

I believe you can create a list view in the SharePoint that would show all alerts with the details sent from Veeam ONE server. Do not have the lab handy, but I can try to play with SharePoint once I'm back from VeeamON.

BTW, another way to show alerts in SharePoint would be to publish an alarms widget from the Alarms Overview dashboard.

Thanks!
aaron.fetter
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Aaron F

Post by aaron.fetter »

That would be awesome if you could try and help out with that list view setup. Please let me know if you run across anything that works or want to try and collaborate together on it.

As for the Alarms widget, I did setup a page for viewing such Veeam details but it's more for management to get a view of what's going on and now we're really looking for some kind of automatic ticket creation since we can't devote a lot of time to keep checking on our status page. However, thanks for the idea. I'm sure there might be someone that runs across this post that hadn't thought about doing something like that. :)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

aaron.fetter wrote:We have a makeshift ticketing system built in SharePoint 2013 and we are thinking that it would be nice if we could get certain alerts turned into tickets automatically somehow?
That would be awesome if you could try and help out with that list view setup.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen this ticketing system in action, but can it display emails? What is used as a source for ticket creation? Email? SNMP trap?