Management reporting and documentation
Aremac
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sam Pierce

Restore Veeam Reporter Database

Post by Aremac »

Can Veeam reporter database tables be restored independently of veeam monitor and business view tables?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Restore Veeam Reporter Database

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Sam,

Veeam One use a single database for Monitor, Reporter and Business View.
Out of curiosity why do you need it separately? Thank you.
Aremac
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sam Pierce

Post by Aremac »

system crashed in middle of running object cleanup from reporter section of Veeam Once settings. Was concerned about health of database after that occured. I eneded up do a restore of the entire database from previous day. Both before and after the incident reporter is extremely slow. I was attempting to remove old objects from the database which is over 20gb at this point. I may reduce retention to 6mo to see if that helps. Monitor and Business views run fine. But generating a report from reporter often times out or takes 15-20 minutes.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Sam,

So the initial problem is slow operation of Veeam One Reporter.
If you have a big environment(1K+ VMs) it is useful to change data collection interval from 5 minutes(default) to 20 minutes. Or/and to configure SSRS Server Settings.

If it doesn`t help, could you please contact our support team, so we can investigate this behavior closer, since it is to troubleshoot the problem on Community Forums?

Thank you!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you restored the database to the previous state, then it shouldn't have any issues, so I agree with Nikita, let our support team have a look what is causing this. As regards the partial restore of the database, then I would not recommend doing that due to tight connection/dependencies between these tables. I'm not sure it will be a supported configuration after that restore operation.