Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Mr Davo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Dartnell

Unfreeze error (case # 00647512)

Post by Mr Davo »

Hello Everyone,

I have been receiving the error message below when attempting to perform a backup of my works SQL (2008 R2) Server.

Veeam Technical Support have advised to reboot the VM, however doing so did not fix the issue. Furthermore I shutdown all of the VMs on the Host, and then rebooted the Host (HP Server) itself, however once again this did not improve the situation.

My own research into the issue and reading up (on other forum threads) suggested that I should run the command 'vssadmin list writers' which I did, with the result indicated below -

I restarted the 'Volume Shadow Copy' service however doing so did not remedy the issue above.

A more thorough investigation of the Windows Event Log revealed a number of issues -

Furthermore I can see a direct correspondence between the first error in the Windows Event Viewer and the first time that my Veeam backup failed -

I have been chasing my tail a little with regard to the advice (given above), '... Check the backup application log for detailed messages.'

If anybody has any suggestions concerning what can cause this error and (hopefully) how to fix it please share.

Kind Regards,

David
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Unfreeze error (case # 00647512)

Post by foggy »

David, could you please check the account the SQL VSS Writer service is running under and try to switch to local administrator account if it is not already used?
Mr Davo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Dartnell

Post by Mr Davo »

Hi Foggy,

Thanks for your suggestion. Ultimately this issue appears to have been caused by one of our company databases running in 'Single User' mode.

Since making this post a colleague of mine swapped the 'offending' database to 'Multi User' mode and the backup is working find again!

Kind Regards,

Davo
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Great, thanks for getting back with this; much appreciated.