Management reporting and documentation
paulrae
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Paul Rae

Cannot log into WebAccess Portal

Post by paulrae »

I can no longer log onto the web Access portal - the client running Reporter is fine all services are fine...the config error is:

Server Error in '/VeeamWebAccess' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not create Windows user token from the credentials specified in the config file. Error from the operating system 'Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
'Source Error:
Line 117: </assemblies>
Line 118: </compilation>
Line 119: <identity configProtectionProvider="DataProtectionConfigurationProvider">
Line 120: <EncryptedData>
Line 121: <CipherData>
Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VeeamReporterEnterprise\WebAccess\web.config Line: 119
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Can anyone point me to the location of the file that I need to check for account credentials as the error message is telling that the issue is username or password
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Cannot log into WebAccess Portal

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Paul,

Try to delete those lines in the web.config file, and then re-access the we portal once again.

Code: Select all

<identity configProtectionProvider="DataProtectionConfigurationProvider">
      <EncryptedData>
        <CipherData>
<CipherValue>AQAAANCMnd8BFdERjHoAwE/Cl+sBAAAAYDN1hKNGzk62WgeD/ad+BAQAAAACAAAAAAADZgAAqAAAABAAAACdhnJWECkPZbtH9vHWf6O/AAAAAASAAACgAAAAEAAAADvEnGe/xStwHbIUjRnsuCigAAAAfi4w5TIIldqc1V3K0gOpyNkKQKs6qvANRtISHTfXA6fP5t6Y+EXlnXEUDqiQjPsH8CTnckOZe9Hfz+ZOi5OLjw+tKVOZ0zV2IHCtnkR/Z7kf8xhjylNkqWLcL8QIpx3BUUQHe74YyLx56LhSPEaL6aFKGIstXoYYPKEyxDjkOSoZoLpMxshO50swjijHe2BnRDfEe293+UpAZmGctyxJTxQAAACLlTtJ4HOqX6lmRzLZOgBI8JF3Aw==</CipherValue>
        </CipherData>
      </EncryptedData>
    </identity>
If it doesn't help please contact our support (support@veeam.com) to resolve your issue.

Thank you.
paulrae
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Paul Rae

Post by paulrae »

Found the issue to be the password in IIS config on the client hosting Reporter!! ALL good now!! :D
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Paul,

Good to hear that, well done!
shane.adams
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Shane Adams

Post by shane.adams » 1 person likes this post

Just wanted to give a little back to the community. I had the same error and wasn't successful deleting the code and encrypted data referenced above in a previous post. Also couldn't find any setting in IIS. Found some references to this error related to other programs not related to Veeam but was able to adapt it to ork in my case. This is what worked for me:
-Open Drive:\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Reporter Web\Configs folder
-Make a backup of identity.config.xml
-Edit identity.config.xml file
-Delete the content between the <identity></identity> tags and make it read this:
<identity impersonate="true"></identity>

The issue seems to be related to the account running the VeeamONE Reporter service (NetworkService in my case) or something to do with the user that was logged in when the service was first configured. Hope this helps anyone else having the issue.

-Shane
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Shane,

This setting most likely has been moved to the identity.config.xml in the later versions of Veeam ONE, that is why you couldn't find it in the web.config file.

Thanks for re-using existing topic and sharing the solution, much appreciated.