Management reporting and documentation
petitbleu
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: LE COQ MANUEL

Idle VM

Post by petitbleu »

Hi,

Here is the context in which I wish to Veeam ONE.

My infrastructure is now used for 25% below (email, file ..) and the rest from my developer. They create tremendous test environment, never remove or stop the vm does not work.

So I set up Veeam ONE that easily allows me to see the machines that consume a lot but hardly machines that do nothing.

Is there a way to do with Veeam ONE to find the machines.

Bests Regards
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Idle VM

Post by Shestakov »

Hi,
There are two main reports you can use to easily determine those VMs. It`s Idle VMs report which shows a list of idle VMs in terms of CPU, memory, disk and network utilization parameters.
And Oversized VMs report which helps you to discover VMs with under-utilized CPU and memory resources. It analyzes VMs historical performance and configuration data to provide recommendations on appropriate vCPU and vRAM allocation for VMs.
Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

In addition to this, I would suggest looking into Powered Off VMs report too, as it shows you the VMs that has been in this state for most of the time. And if you haven't read our recent blog post, please take a look at it. It seems like it is exactly what you're trying to solve now > 5 Hints to control VM sprawl with Veeam Availability Suite
petitbleu
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: LE COQ MANUEL

Post by petitbleu »

Thanks you for all information