Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jarquillo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jorge Arquillo Mantas

Veem Backup and Replication 6.5.109

Post by jarquillo »

Hello,

i have a problems with a replictions Domain Controllers in Active Directory and i shutdown a corrupt domain controller.

I have a Veem Backup and Replication installed with a user that have created in DC corrupt and now i can't access.

How i can change the username in Veem Backup Replication database and all the configuration stored. Is there a procedure ?

A lot of thanks.

Regards.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veem Backup and Replication 6.5.109

Post by foggy »

Jorge, do you mean you're getting "SQL server is not available" when you start Veeam B&R? You can use any other account provided it has sufficient rights to the product configuration database (db_owner). Product itself does not assign any permissions within the SQL Server, so you need to perform this manually.
jarquillo
Novice

Post by jarquillo »

Hello, when i start veem backup and replicaton service says that veem backup and replication service is not running because the user i have assigned in this services created in DC is down.

I need to change the service account to a new account to start Veem Backup and Replication Service.

I have to assign another account in configuration database (db_owner) within the SQL Server. I have to anything more ?

A lot of thanks.

Regards
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Yes, you need to change the account all Veeam services run under and give it appropriate rights. For more details on the required permissions for the service account please review the corresponding user guide section.
jarquillo
Novice

Post by jarquillo »

A lot of thanks
jarquillo
Novice

Post by jarquillo »

Anoter thing,

if if i do a reinstall aplication with Program Maintenance with the option Repair i will solve my problem ?

and if i remove the aplication i have the option retain configuration and after i can to restore my configuration installing the aplication ?

i don't have the option to log in SQL because the credentials are not valid.

A lot of tanks.

Regards.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

jarquillo wrote:if if i do a reinstall aplication with Program Maintenance with the option Repair i will solve my problem ?
This should work if you run setup under the account that has appropriate rights on the SQL server.
jarquillo wrote:and if i remove the aplication i have the option retain configuration and after i can to restore my configuration installing the aplication ?
Correct.
jarquillo
Novice

Post by jarquillo »

A lot of thanks.

Regards.