Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rizks_2000
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Anthony Rizk

Installing Veeam Backup & Replication

Post by rizks_2000 »

Just getting started with my trial version and not super familiar with Veeam Backup & Replication. Can I setup my Veeam Backup Server and my Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager on the same server? Is this recommended? As I have read through the sys requirements, I must have both the Backup Server & Enterprise Manager...correct?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Installing Veeam Backup & Replication

Post by Gostev »

Yes, you can install them both on the same server. Enterprise Manager provides federation of multiple Veeam Backup servers into single web based UI for consolidated reporting and management - it is an optional component, you do not have to install it if you do not want to.
rizks_2000
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Anthony Rizk

Post by rizks_2000 »

Ok then, probably leave that one out of the mix for now then and just provision the Backup Server. We're not that big and so I don't see the use for it. Thanks I'll give it a shot.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Enterprise Manager is in fact useful even when you have just 1 server. It provides webUI with multi user role-based access, overview dashboard with graphical representation of your backup activities, multiple additional reports, find VM functionality... but it is not mandatory install.