Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jai64
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Joe Iovinelli

Error with setting ctkEnabled to false on vCenter Appliance?

Post by jai64 »

Has anyone come across the CBT getting stuck after following the steps in KB 1113 on a vCenter Appliance?

I ran as per KB 1113 and now every server I trigger a cbt reset too gives a "Cannot use CBT: Soap fault." on every backup.

Even stranger, I triggered a full backup and it ran OK with no warnings, but the next job the "Cannot use CBT: Soap fault." came back.

xx/xx/xxxx xx:xx:xx PM :: Cannot use CBT: Soap fault. A specified parameter was not correct. . deviceKeyDetail: '<InvalidArgumentFault xmlns="urn:internalvim25" xsi:type="InvalidArgument"><invalidProperty>deviceKey</invalidProperty></InvalidArgumentFault>', endpoint: ''

Support suggested I redo the cbt reset but I have a bunch of servers to do that run 24/7 and I am using the vCenter Appliance (no powershell).

So additionally does anyone know a way to trigger a cbt reset without powershell or the Windows version of vCenter?
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Error with setting ctkEnabled to false on vCenter Applia

Post by tsightler » 1 person likes this post

You can use Powershell just fine with vCenter Appliance, you just need to install the vPower CLI on any Windows system in your environment and you can access any remote vCenter from this install.
jai64
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Joe Iovinelli

Re: Error with setting ctkEnabled to false on vCenter Applia

Post by jai64 »

Thanks Tom