Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
j.sosnowski
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jakub Sosnowski

tape library LT20

Post by j.sosnowski »

Hello.
Has anyone tried to use the Fujitsu ETERNUS tape library LT20. I've noticed there are usually no problems with the model LT40.
I am considering purchase and looking for an opinion as this type of works with VB & R.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: tape library LT20

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jakub,

I checked the device specifications - all looks smooth. Also, I easily found a correct windows signed driver for this library, so that should not cause any issues as well. Of course, that’s only my personal thoughts, as we do not have this library in our QA lab. It’s strongly recommended to trial this hardware, just to be sure it suite your needs before purchasing it. Thank you.
j.sosnowski
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jakub Sosnowski

Post by j.sosnowski »

d.popov thanks for your reply. It started a thread on this forum can someone who uses the library resumes.
martin.zidu
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin Zidu

Post by martin.zidu »

Actually I am facing problem with Veeam and Fujitsu Eternus LT20 S2.

Library is installed correctly, tapes are loaded and inventoried. But in Veeam, library is appeared as online, but EMPTY (No tapes).
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Martin,

Have you tried to import tapes in VBR console? What VBR version are you using - is it v7 or you already migrated to v8? Additionally, could you please check you driver version (both for drivers and changer)? Thank you.