Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
CaptainFred
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Si

Failed to install deployment service

Post by CaptainFred »

Hi,

Please help! I upgraded my test server to v8 today, didn't upgrade any components on my production backup server but it seems that it has because backups/replication is failing with this error:

I tried removing the v7 backup transport agent but stuck because it won't install it again now.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: Failed to install deployment service

Post by Gostev »

Hi. Looks like the v7 server is also added as a managed server to your test server, or something else is shared between servers. At this point, I don't see too many options other than upgrading you production server, or restoring it from a backup of course. You can also open a support case and see if they can fix this manually somehow, but I assume this will be painful process. Thanks!
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler » 1 person likes this post

If Gostev's guess is correct, and I agree this seems likely, it should be possible to recover fairly easily since most likely it's just a mismatch of installer/transport services. I would suggest taking this to support, however, if you want to try stuff on your own then go into services and look at the properties on the Veeam Installer Service and see what path the executable is pointing to. It should be pointing to a "VeeamDeploymentSvc.exe" file. Go to that directory and run "VeeamDeploymentSvc.exe -uninstall". This should remove the Veeam installer service, then walk through the wizard and see if it will detect and reinstall the v7 version of both services. It should work.
CaptainFred
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Si

Post by CaptainFred »

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! you are a lifesaver!!! it worked! :D :) :lol: :mrgreen: