Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Enterprise Manager Upgrade to v8 - Failed to create Website

Post by Cragdoo »

Support Case: 00674595

I'm in the process of testing out the upgrade of Enterprise Manager to v8 , but the 1st upgrade failed with the error message Failed to create website 0x80070020 , and now every attempt to upgrade fails with the following error in the logs
[10.11.2014 10:55:48][INFO] Exception occurred (Veeam products installation section).
Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Fatal error during installation
at Veeam.Setup.MsiLibrary.VmMsiCommon.CheckError(VmMsiDatabase db, UInt32 result)
at Veeam.Setup.Wizard.VmInstallProduct.RunInstallation(Boolean& bReboot)
at Veeam.Setup.Wizard.VmInstallEngine.Install(ShowControlFunc ShowActionData, Boolean bRepair, Boolean bUpgrade, VmDialogEngineHandler m_dialogEngineHandler)
at Veeam.Setup.Wizard.PredefinedDialogs.VmInstallDialog.m_installWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
A quick search through the forums and I found a similar problem http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-re ... 21260.html , and I followed the MS article http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/973094 , but the only thing on port 80 was System. IIS is installed but nothing is running on/bound to port 80

Thankfully this is only a test instance

any suggestions ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2721 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Enterprise Manager Upgrade to v8 - Failed to create Webs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Craig, please include a support case ID to your post, otherwise this post will be removed by a moderator for not following forum rules. As to the issue, then more information from the log files is required to understand what went wrong during your first upgrade attempt.

P.S. I have just heard that site creation issues could be caused be some antivirus installed in the system, for example McAfee, please check whether it can be applied to your case or not. Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Please do not post log snippets, but rather let support team review the entire logs instead.
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard

Post by Cragdoo »

apologies :(
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard

Post by Cragdoo »

Vitaliy S. wrote:...P.S. I have just heard that site creation issues could be caused be some antivirus installed in the system, for example McAfee, please check whether it can be applied to your case or not. Thanks!
Have tried disabling the A/V on the server, didn't make any difference
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard

Post by Cragdoo »

and the same error just occurred when I attempted to upgrade Veeam One to v8, most annoying. What is also annoying is that after the error , the old Enterprise Manager/Veeam One instances cannot be accessed :(
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Post by Gostev »

Craig, I recommend restoring v7 instances from backup while our support investigates this upgrade issue (assuming you have already collected the setup logs for our support). Thanks!
jlester
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jason Lester

Post by jlester » 1 person likes this post

I had a similar problem. Mine was caused by McAfee. Afterwards, I could not run the installer again, it said B&R must be upgraded first (opposite of the original message I got saying EM must be upgraded before B&R). I ended up going ahead and upgrading Veeam B&R and then it finally let me reinstall Veeam EM. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard

Post by Cragdoo »

I do have McAfee installed, but verified it was disabled. Have tried uninstalling EM then re-installing, still no joy :(
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Post by Gostev »

Such issues are normally caused by some 3rd party software or non-default IIS configuration, so it may take some digging with our support (definitely not something we can troubleshoot through the forum posts). It might be easier and faster to just do a new install on clean OS, if that is an option at all. Otherwise, please continue working with our support. Thanks!
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard

Post by Cragdoo »

Completely understand Anton, have a remote session booked for this afternoon with support. Only reason I posted in the 1st place was to see if anyone had come across this issue already and hoped it was a quick fix.