Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
m13_biker
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Julian Galeano

Limit parallel VM and Virtual Disk processing

Post by m13_biker »

Hi Guys.

Recently we discover this option in our Veeam B&R proxies, and we decide enable it, but we found some issues about it.

We have several VM, so we need to backup them and replicate some, for this we have created a few B&R jobs that has some VM per job, for example we have 5 backup jobs each one has 10 machines, and 7 replication jobs which has 4 VM each.

When we enable the parallel option our jobs were crazy, because we have a limit of 16 concurrent task, we found that ours jobs be queued and only one job runs at a time with almost all the machines in the job running at the same time.

The parallel options appears to be very useful but we need to find if there’s a way to limit it to 2 VM per job to run.
There’s an option that can limit it? Maybe creating or modifying some key in the registry.

Sorry for my bad English.

thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: Limit parallel VM and Virtual Disk processing

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Julian. Can you please explain what are you trying to achieve by limiting parallel processing to 2 VMs per job. Thanks!
m13_biker
Novice

Post by m13_biker »

Hi Anton.

we are looking to have each job running with 2 VM at the same time, but only 2. if we enable the parallel processing and a replication job has 6 VM, the 6 VM start to replicate and the others jobs that start after this one stays in pending state until the 6 VM finish the replica.

So we want to use the parallel option but limit it to allow to run in a single job that contains 6 VM only 2 VM at the same time, so the others jobs that starts after can start to backup or replicate.

let me know if you understand me.
m13_biker
Novice

Post by m13_biker »

Ok, sorry my bad, that we want is to allow all our jobs to run at the time that we configured and reduce the execution times, but if we enable the parallel the jobs starts to queue and the jobs take long that ussually does.

enable this option and allow only 2 tasks per job can reduce the time of ours jobs, thats what we are looking for.

hope i made me clear. i'm not a native spoken english person.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

OK. Best you can do to achieve this is specify a dedicated proxy for each job to use. Thanks!
m13_biker
Novice

Post by m13_biker »

Thanks for your answer, I already did that, we just wanna check if there's might be a way to do that.

Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

If I had such a requirement of all running multiple jobs in parallel, I would just disable parallel processing altogether, as you get concurrency already just from running multiple jobs in parallel...