Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rganer
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rodney Garner

Veeam cloud connect service providers

Post by rganer »

I'm hoping someone here can give me some reviews or impressions of the veeam cloud connect service providers that are listed in Veeam 8 "find a service provider directory" for cloud connect. We are in Arlington VA and I'm testing veeam 8 to backup vms and run a backup copy job to the cloud. I dont have any experience with any of the listed providers and want some info/experiences before I test some of them out.

thanks
Rodney
jdavidson_waters
Service Provider
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: James Davidson

Re: Veeam cloud connect service providers

Post by jdavidson_waters »

Hi Rodney,
I dont have any experience with the listed providers, however, in the next few weeks you will see the list populated with more providers.
Those providers you are seeing are the Veeam v8 "Launch Partners". Veeam will begin adding all other service providers approximately 30days after release of v8.
Not much longer to wait - then you may get to see a provider in the list that you already have some experience with.

James.
@jam_davidson
rganer
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rodney Garner

Post by rganer »

I appreciate the info.

thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Post by Gostev »

Thanks James.

Correct, for the first 30 days, listing in the directory is exclusive to our launch partners, as our way to thank them for investing their time and money at then-non-existing technology. However, non-listed providers are already operating as well, so you can try and reach some service providers in the area that you are already familiar with. Worst case, it will at least prompt them to consider becoming Veeam Cloud Connect provider.