Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Morgenstern72
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Joachim

Alarms for Multi-tenant reporting in v8?

Post by Morgenstern72 »

While the new multi-tenant reporting looks quite nice I am still lacking the basic funtion of alarming users of VMs other than the IT standard group.
Ideally this would be done in the business view, so I could assign a different recipient for subfolders (eg Virtual Machines -> Departments -> Department 1 = dep1@email.com).

Whe have many VMs belonging to scientific labs where it is not relevant to the IT if they use high CPU or memory but to the scientists and developers.

Can multi-tenant alarming be done with any trick?

Thx
Joachim
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Alarms for Multi-tenant reporting in v8?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Joachim,

Currently if you want to send email notifications to specific users only, you should do the following trick > Alarms for specific servers to specific users.

P.S. Using Business View groups as notification targets sounds like a good idea.

Thanks!
Morgenstern72
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Joachim

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Hi Vitaliy,

sicne we would like to have all alarms delegated to the groups responsible and do not get any alarms to the deault group (IT), this seem not to be a solution for us.
What do you think?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Well...if you remove the default action to send email notifications to the default group and then configure alarms assigned to BV groups to send emails to particular application owners, then it should be what you're searching for. The only drawback of this solution, is that you will need to copy all alarms and then assign each copy to the BV group.

Can you please tell me what BV groups are you using and how many of them do you have?