scottf99
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Scott

SQL Servers

Post by scottf99 »

Hi.
Using V8.

I have a Veeam job running that backs up SQL Servers and truncate logs at 9pm daily. Out of the 10 Servers and 100 databases about 10 databases are set to Full Recovery and the other Simple. For those set to Full we have an SQL job that runs every 15mins between 8am and 5pm and does a Transaction Log backup. The Veeam job then runs at 9pm and truncates the logs. The login behind this is prior to using Veeam I was using SSMS SQL jobs to do backups and could restore a full SQL database with NORECOVERY and then roll in whatever Logs we needed to get a point in time.

It got a bit harder with Veeam V7. Had to restore the DB files to a temp server, do an SQL backup in SSMS and then restore with NORECOVERY then roll the logs then copy over to prod.

Whew, what a back story. So..... Can I now do all of this in Veeam V8? Full backup with truncate at 9pm daily and 15 min Tlog backups in business hours? Only need to keep 5 days of Tlogs and 14 Full backups (theory being any recovery older than 5 days will be a DR and a particular point in time is not required).

Cheers
scott
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: SQL Servers

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Scott.

Yes, absolutely - v8 can do all of this for you.

Join the v8 launch webinar tomorrow to see it live!
http://go.veeam.com/veeam-availability- ... -here.html

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: SQL Servers

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post