Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dlieshout@client.nl
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: DaLi

Veeam v8 Job "Nothing to process"

Post by dlieshout@client.nl »

See Case # 00684676

We have Jobs related to VM Folders and 1 Job which should backup VM's which are not in a VM Folder, just to check. So if anyone deploys a new VM not in any VM Folder related to a Veeam Job it surely wil be backupped the same evening within this check-Job. So normally this Job has nothing to do which is correct. In Veeam 7 the Jobs gave Succes but in Veeam 8 this Jobs gives Warning which the customers do not like.
Veeam Support has reproduced this.
I want to ask an enhancement to set these "Nothing to process" back to Success.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam v8 Job "Nothing to process"

Post by Vitaliy S. »

dlieshout@client.nl wrote:In Veeam 7 the Jobs gave Success but in Veeam 8 this Jobs gives Warning which the customers do not like.
But wouldn't this be a misleading behavior when you see a "Success" in the job status and zero objects have been backed up? As far as I know there were many requests to change "success" status to a warning message, because VM could be just potentially migrated to the datastore which is not present in any backup job configuration.
pllove
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Patrick Loveless

Post by pllove »

I want to also request this. Or at least add an enhancement to be able to suppress warning notifications at the job level instead of just globally. I have a veeam job for each folder in our virtual center. As servers are build and moved into folders vm's get backed up. We have an empty folder. In veeam 7 this was not a problem. In veeam 8 we now get a warning message, which generates a ticket everyday. I know I cold disable the job or delete the folder/job, but would prefer to leave it there so servers can just be moved into the folder as they are built without any other manual steps needed.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Guys, actually the v7 way was generating many really really bad support cases for us, where customers thought their VMs were backed up due to receiving successes, but they were not, so they were ending up without any backups when they needed to restore. So, I don't see the v7 way coming back. As a non-default registry option, may be - in case there will be lots of requests. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

As another workaround, you can potentially parse email notification text and if you find that there is nothing to process in the body of the email, then your monitoring system can skip it and do not raise any tickets.