Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
dimitar.stoyanov
Certified Trainer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dimitar Stoyanov

Veeam B&R Ent.Plus integration with Veeam ONE Free version?

Post by dimitar.stoyanov »

Hello,

I have a Veeam Backup and Replication v8 Environment - Enterprise Plus Edition.

I want to be able to make just a little bit more detailed reports of the backup jobs and send them via email.
My idea was to test Veeam ONE Free version. If it will not be good enough for the environment's needs, probably I would have to go to Veeam Availability Suite upgrade.
The point is that when I try to connect Veeam ONE (Free functionality)with Veeam Backup Server or with Ent. Manager I receive a beautiful marketing banner which tell me that Veeam Backup and Replication is available in the full version of the product and to try Veeam Availability Suite for Free, and when I press the button it redirect me to the Veeam web site (and the integration is not completed).

So the question is: Is it possible to test that kind of scenario Veeam BR Ent.Plus + Veeam ONE Free?

P.S. I don't have a support case ID, because it is not a technical issue. It is general question and I think that it will be useful for the users in the forum.
And I don't know where in the forum is the right place for this topic, so if it is not for here, please move it.

Thank you

Best Regards,
Dimitar
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam B&R Ent.Plus integration with Veeam ONE Free versi

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Dimitar and welcome to the forum.
You don`t need to provide support case # for such a question, so no worries.

You can use both trial and free versions of Veeam One with Veeam Backup and Replication v8.
All Veeam One free version limitations are described here.
dimitar.stoyanov wrote:The point is that when I try to connect Veeam ONE (Free functionality)with Veeam Backup Server or with Ent. Manager I receive a beautiful marketing banner which tell me that Veeam Backup and Replication is available in the full version of the product and to try Veeam Availability Suite for Free, and when I press the button it redirect me to the Veeam web site (and the integration is not completed).
To connect Veeam Backup and Replication server to Veeam One you need to click Add Server button on the top of Veeam One Monitor and go through 3 steps of the wizard. Once VBR server is added you can choose Data Protection View and see the added server with proxies, repositories etc.
Did you do that? Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

dimitar.stoyanov wrote:So the question is: Is it possible to test that kind of scenario Veeam BR Ent.Plus + Veeam ONE Free?
No, it is not possible. In order to monitor your Veeam Backup & Replication server, you have to use full license/trial key in Veeam ONE.
dimitar.stoyanov
Certified Trainer

Hi Shestakov,

thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, I did that and when I try to connect Veeam Backup and Replication server to Veeam One (through this 3 steps wizard) on step 2 when I enter the user and password and click Next, this marketing window shows up and there is no way to finish the connection.
I think this ocurrs because of Free version of Veeam One can not be integrated with the paid version of Bacup and Replication, but I want to be sure.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dimitar
dimitar.stoyanov
Certified Trainer

Hi Vitaliy,

thank you for your post.

Regards,
Dimitar
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Dimitar,
Sorry for the misleading.
In free version functionality of interaction with VBR is pretty limited, however, trial version gives you the all functionality with no limitation (except it`s for 30 days), so I would suggest trying it for comprehensive Veeam One testing.
Thanks.
dimitar.stoyanov
Certified Trainer

Post by dimitar.stoyanov » 1 person likes this post

Hi Shestakov,

Don't worry ... :)

Feedback related to the topic: I entered the trial license key for Veeam ONE and the integration finished without any problems.
So I will have to use the trial/full version instead of free one, but the reports are perfect ;)

My first (hope not last) topic in this forum finished very quickly.
Thank you again to both of you.

Best Regards,
Dimitar
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

You are welcome, Dimitar!
I`m glad you liked the product. We are waiting for new topics from you :)