Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tullyal
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alan Tully

V8 CIFS Gateway Server Issue

Post by tullyal »

Hi All,

We are testing V8 with DD Boost and a DD160.
We upgraded from V7 to V8.

All backup jobs (reverse incremental) to an existing CIFS repository failed after the upgrade to V8.

My work around for it was to manually select the gateway server i.e. not use Automatic Selection it the repository settings.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Alan
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: V8 CIFS Gateway Server Issue

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Alan,

Can you please tell us a bit more on what error message you saw right after the upgrade? How did you create a DDboost repository and move backup files to this repository? What servers do you have in the gateway list?

Thanks!
tullyal
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alan Tully

Post by tullyal »

Hi Vitaliy,

apologies for the delay in replying to you - was out of the office a bit towards the end of last week.

The failing backup jobs were those existing backups pointing at an existing CIFS share. Looking in the log file of the job the job appeared to fail when attempting to create (write) a new file in the CIFS repository. I tried creating a new backup job again pointing at the same CIFS repository and that failed as well. However when I changed the automatic selection of Gateway server to manual the issue went away.

I went on to setup Boost on the DD and in Veeam and that works just fine with a new set of backup jobs.

Regards,
Alan
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Alan,

Upgrading to v8 should not affect any of your existing jobs pointed to DD box, unless you also change something on the NAS device. Do you have logs for us to review? Our QC team would be interested to see what is the difference in your case when choosing particular Gateway instead of Automatic selection.

Thanks!