Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Frosty
Expert
Liked: 43 times
Full Name: Stephen Frost

Feature Request: columns in Jobs display

Post by Frosty »

I'd just like to put in my 2c worth for a feature request. Its really minor. On the Jobs screen (in v4.1) I can see "Next Run" date/time, but it would also be really helpful if it showed:

-- Last Run (started) date/time
-- Last Run (finished) date/time

and maybe even "Last Run (elapsed time)" in hrs/mins. Right now all I know is that the job ran some time and was either a Success or Failed.

If this information is already available somewhere, please accept my apologies and point me in the right direction.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature Request: columns in Jobs display

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Stephen,

No worries, you can find this information on the sessions tab of your Backup console, also you may install Enterprise Manager and get the same information via Web UI.

Thank you!
dmatt
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Matt

Post by dmatt »

I would love to see the .vrb file size reported as well. This is helpful for planning replication over a WAN.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, you're absolutely right, it is very useful information. Actually, you can check that for the backup jobs, if you right-click on existing backup under the Backups node and choose properties. As for the replicas you can determine the size of the VRB files by checking destination storage, using built-in FastSCP functionality :wink:

Thank you!
dmatt
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Matt

Post by dmatt »

Thanks for that tip. I was just browsing out to the datastore in vSphere, so your way would be quicker.

I did notice this does not work under the Replica section, there is only Failover or Restore.

It would really be nice to include that on the job statistics - Processed size isn't really useful for me, but .vrb size, de-dupe and compres ratio are.