Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BenoitCote
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Benoit Cote

Adding DR4100 NFS container as Backup repository

Post by BenoitCote »

Hi guys,

I am currently exploring Veeam B&R and was wondering if you could let me know if using an NFS container directly on the array works or not. I seem to find a lot of people saying either NFS client on Windows or attached to a Linux server, but if possible, I would rather mount the container directly from the array, like I was able to do with the CIFS container. Unsure if I just haven't found the good configuration or if some of the scripts that need to run simply can't be run on the DR4100 natively.

Has anyone ever tried accomplishing this?

Thanks for helping me out and happy backing!

Benoit Cote
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Adding DR4100 NFS container as Backup repository

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Benoit,

Writing data directly to the NFS volume from the proxy server is not possible, it should be done either via Windows NFS client or any Linux server (preferred way, as it gives better job performance rates).

Thanks!
BenoitCote
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Benoit Cote

Post by BenoitCote »

Hi Vitaliy,

thank you for the quick response. I won't waste more time looking for the answer. Do you know if there is any chance of this feature being used in the future or it simply cannot be done with the way Veeam handles it's NFS repositories?

Thanks again!

Benoit
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Depends on the number of requests for this feature and based on your own search query you see that this feature is not in top demanded ones ;), but thanks for the feedback!