Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
mz0dw4
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bill Roeder

mgmt center server port for VIC install

Post by mz0dw4 »

When trying to install the VIC component on a dedicated VM, I accepted the default port 8084 where the management center server is installed and keep getting this error "a connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 172.28.34.181:8084" Is this because I'm using the wrong port number for the Management Server? Please help me.

Thanks
arseny
Influencer
Full Name: Arseny Chernov

Re: mgmt center server port for VIC install

Post by arseny »

Hello,

For your convenience, and to reduce the response time, I strongly suggest opening a support ticket in support@veeam.com queue

Please clarify:

nMC is on 172.28.34.181:8084 , after installation you logged off and logged back on to apply security group 'nworks Management Center' on local box;
VIC is on 172.28.x.x and you use proper FQDN/IP address of nMC box while setting it up;
Both services are set to execution under same Active Directory user account, that is a member of "administrators" local groups on both VIC and nMC;
Firewall is disabled / ports are allowed on every box;
No networking issues / several NICs / IP aliasing;

Please follow up whether you've opened the support case.
Kind regards,
Arseny
mz0dw4
Lurker
Full Name: Bill Roeder

Post by mz0dw4 »

Arseny, found that server firewall on Mgmt Ctr server was blocking TCP port 8084. Opened it up and all went well.

Thanks
arseny
Influencer
Full Name: Arseny Chernov

Post by arseny »

Glad to hear this was simple-s.

Please let me know if you need anything else for your project.

Have a nice day!
Kind regards,
Arseny