Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Surebackup - test Citrix

Post by frankive »

During surebackup, does the Proxy appliance have any restrictions on the ports? Can't seem to telnet to port 1494 from the Veeam Server even if the Windows firewall is disabled on the specific terminalserver.
Was hoping to test the Citrix funcationality by logging in to the server through the ica-protocol.
frankive
Service Provider

Re: Surebackup - test Citrix

Post by frankive »

all the script test etc. works fine with surebackup, but cant seem to telnet into 1494 or port 80 to go to the webinterface for Citrix
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Frank,

Have you tried doing the same thing but from any other VM running on the same network and powered on by the same SureBackup job?

Thanks!
frankive
Service Provider

Post by frankive »

Yes, the CItrix environment works fine if i use a virtual VM which is in the subnet job.
It just doesn@t work directly from the veeam server. If there is no firewall in the proxy I think I should be able to open a browser on the veeam server and enter the masquerade ip-adress of our citrix webinterface.

I will investigate some more, but if you say that there is no firewall on the proxy (or port blocking somehow), I cannot see why this shouldnt work.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

There is a firewall, otherwise it wouldn't be an isolated environment, but you should be able to access your VMs via masquerade IP address from the backup console. Are you able to access any other VM (running in this virtual lab) from the backup server?
frankive
Service Provider

Post by frankive » 2 people like this post

I did get it to work now. Not sure why I couldnt telnet port 1494 earlier, but now it works as expected and I can login to the Citrix environment in the islolated lab from the backupserver. GREAT for testing :)