Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Sarge

Feature request-Backup location.Specify folder/Cloud Service

Post by Sarge »

Upon performing a file-level backup, and choosing a local drive to backup to, it seems the application just default creates a folder called Veeambackup on the root of the drive and Places the backup there.

It would be very nice if it was possible to manually browse the local drive to a specific folder for backup purposes. In my case, I would like to backup the files directly into my Dropbox folder on my local drive (E:\Dropbox\) - Dropbox will then back it up to an online host.

Another request, it would be very nice to be able to select a backup every 2nd day or once every week - instead of only once per day.

Thank you for an awesome product :)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Feature request

Post by Gostev »

Now that you provide the specific use case, this definitely makes sense. Thanks!
jonaz
Enthusiast
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Jona Ziemann

Post by jonaz »

That would be helpful.

As a workaround for now, one thing you probably could do is share out your e:\Dropbox folder and then have VEB backup to the UNC path. Then it would actually go into e:\Dropbox\VeeamBackup and would backup online.
Sarge

Post by Sarge » 1 person likes this post

Well I can confirm the workaround works, so by sharing a folder inside the Dropbox folder and UNC pathing to the shared folder, the application backs up my data to my Dropbox folder, so indeed working. In that case, it would just be nice with a GUI setting for it instead. That and a every 2nd day or every week option on the Schedule. Thanks :)
allister.wade
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Allister Wade

Feature Suggestion - Allow Variables in Backup Location Path

Post by allister.wade » 2 people like this post

Allow variables like %computername%, %username% in the backup path.
JanLD
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jan L Dam

[MERGED] Feature Request - Backup to cloud disk

Post by JanLD »

I'm missing the possibility of choosing a "website" or a mapped network drive as destination.

Onedrive for business or equal.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature Request - Backup to cloud disk

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jan,

You can specify CIFS address for the mapped drive and point your backups to that location. As regards the Onedrive selection, then currently you can point your backup job to the One drive folder via shared folder workaround.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Re: Feature Suggestion - Allow Variables in Backup Location

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Allister,
Allow variables like %computername%, %username% in the backup path.
Would you like to have this feature in order to apply the same destination target for all Endpoints, but each Endpoint will use their own target depending on these variables?
DavorS
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Davor Stanec

Re: Feature Suggestion - Allow Variables in Backup Location

Post by DavorS »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Would you like to have this feature in order to apply the same destination target for all Endpoints, but each Endpoint will use their own target depending on these variables?
That is one usage scenario, but it would also be nice if we don't want to backup the whole computer, but rather specific files. For example, .PST archives which have have unified location and can be reffered to by using windows builtin variables.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Re: Feature request - Backup location. Specify the folder

Post by Vitaliy S. »

As an alternative, we can include these unified locations as predefined options for Endpoint backup sources ;)
DavorS
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Davor Stanec

Re: Feature request - Backup location. Specify the folder

Post by DavorS » 1 person likes this post

Vitaliy S. wrote:As an alternative, we can include these unified locations as predefined options for Endpoint backup sources ;)
Yes you can! :) BUT if you keep an open option for administrators to create those predefined locations you're giving them the ability to create their own locations with their own variables for, let's say, some in-house apps they're developing, custom setups...
NitaiS
Novice

[MERGED] Feature Request - Backup to Cloud Services

Post by NitaiS »

Hi,

I don't know if it exist in other endpoint backup software but it sure could be usful to have a built-infeature to backup to cloud services like: Dropbox, Drive, Onedrive etc.

of course it would only work if the user have an account with enough space but putting it built inside the endpoint software with integrated upload when it's not busy by other uses make this feature a powerful tool with another recovery option.

Thanks,
Nitai
hodor
Lurker

[MERGED] Backup to S3

Post by hodor »

I like the product thus far, however I would really like to be able to backup to Amazon (or any other cloud storage provider).
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature request-Backup location.Specify folder/Cloud Ser

Post by Dima P. »

hodor and Nitai,

There is a workaround, to point backup to exact folder (if the cloud storage is presented on your machine this way) thru the Share folder destination in the Configure backup wizard.
brusciatu
Novice

Feature Proposal - Cloud Backup Repository

Post by brusciatu »

I was thinking,

why not introduce an integration with some popular cloud apps (like onedrive,dropbox,google drive ecc.) in order to use the cloud as a repository?

Maybe not for the entire computer backup due to the huge space requirements but for the file level backup it could be added as an option.

Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature request-Backup location.Specify folder/Cloud Ser

Post by Dima P. »

brusciatu,
Thank you - we are looking into this.
techn
Novice
Full Name: Maksim Pileka

Feature Request – Custom Folder Backup

Post by techn »

hi, please implement new feature - user in settings can use own custom folder instead a root folder, because all backups made in root folder on removable drive. folder name - VeeamBackup